Hello my name is Jessica Rozeboom my Husband’s name is Scott Rozeboom. This explains my husband’s miracle in beating the odds 98%-2%. This happened in Grand Rapids at the Meijer Heart Center. It started out in August 2015. Scott had sever back pain, I took Scott into Holland Emergency Room on a few different occasions. On the last visit they let us know that the right side of Scott’s Heart was only working at 12% they placed Scott into ICU. When Scott was sent home he was referred to the Grand Rapids Meijer Heart Center and was provided a life vest (this vest will shock you if your heart stops in hopes to start the heart pumping again). The Life Vest went off once in the couple months that Scott had it. When Scott went in to see Dr. Dickerson he was diagnosed with Advanced Congestive Heart Failure. Scott was told in August 2015 that he only had 6-12 months to live and he had a 98% chance that he would need a Heart Transplant. The odds were against him with only a 2% chance that his heart would get better with medications. There are only 7 People out of hundreds that did not need a heart transplant because the medication worked. Scott is now the 8th person on that very small list. Scott received the LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device) in September 2015. This is a bridge to the heart transplant to help keep Scott alive while waiting on the transplant list.
Scott went into his Dr. Office in November 2016 he was told that his heart is starting to look better and they wanted to do more test on him to see if he would not need the transplant. There was one test every month and 3 test to complete. Scott did not make it to the third test how the Doctors hoped. Scott had a stroke on February 14th while eating dinner with his wife and 3 children. He was taken into Holland Emergency Room and was transported by ambulance to the Grand Rapids Emergency Room. They confirmed that Scott did in fact have a stroke and that he has had more than one but this one was the worse so far. Scott was placed in the 6th floor of the Grand Rapids Meijer Heart Center; he was there for about 2 days for the stroke. On Thursday that week he asked if he was going to get to go home the next day, as he was fully recovered from his stroke. The nurse let him know that they will be doing the 3rd test starting Friday and ending Monday so he would not be going home the next day. If he passes this test he will get the LVAD removed on Tuesday 02/21/2017. He is still on the Transplant list for 3 months after the LVAD being removed.
He is at home healing with his wife and 3 of our children. Scott’s medical bill and normal house hold bill continue to rise our family is doing our best but cannot keep up. Please help support Scott by going to Hopehelplive/Scott Rozeboom if anyone would like to help out our family as we get back on our feet. We thank God and all of you Prayer Warriors for Scotts miracle.