After many, many failed attempts at weaning from the ventilator we have come to the realization that the safest and most appropriate course of action is to remove the tube from mom's mouth and move forward with a tracheostomy. This has been a very difficult decision for me to make but this is the safest way to move forward with her care. She had the procedure March 27th. Please pray that this will get her on the road to a speedy recovery and get her strong enough to have her lung transplant.
Mar 22, 2017
It's been several days since I've updated this page so I thought today would be a good day to do so. My mom was transferred to Cleveland Clinic Main Campus ICU yesterday on March 21st. She is still on the ventilator and somewhat sedated but has been waking up and attempting to communicate. The ICU doctor believes that she is doing well and is planning to attempt another breathing trial and see if she is ready to get off of the ventilator. Hopefully today or tomorrow will be the day!!
Please continue to pray for her!!! Thank you for the outpouring of calls and texts from friends and family!!
Mar 16, 2017
Just updating everyone on my mom's condition... She is still on the ventilator and sedated... The doctors are not planning to try to get her off of it until Saturday or Sunday.
Mar 13, 2017
As some of you may already know.... Mom is in the hospital. In the ICU... she is having a really hard time right now.... please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as we try to get her well again...
Mar 02, 2017
We got a call from Cleveland Clinic today!! Mom is officially on the Lung Transplant List!!
The call could come at any time so I have a lot of work to do to prepare for upcoming fundraising...
Feb 24, 2017
Well we have got the fundraising campaign up and running. A few generous people have contributed and several more have made verbal commitments to do so. We are grateful for your contribution and...