It's been a pretty rough week. Last Fridsy, I spiked a temp of 100.4 and needed to make the call to one of the nurses in the transplant clinic. Ended up only needing lab work and some rest. Results showed that the CMV was back and a little out of control again. A trip to Nashville on Wednesday for yet another biopsy had already been scheduled, so we knew more lab work would be coming. We knew some results before we headed back home, but not all of them. We discovered that I was severely dehydrated and definitely not drinking enough water in a day. So, I had to drink at least a small pitcher of water before we left and then I was given one for the ride home. Needless to say the headache that I had had since last Saturday was still hanging around no matter what I did. A CT scan was ordered late Friday afernoon, so now we are waiting for those results. IVIG infusions will be starting soon. These will help build up my immune system to help it fight against the CMV. We are still waiting for the resistance testing to comega back to see if I am resistant to the current meds to help prevent and fight CMV. The fun never stops in my world.
Aug 15, 2017
Just a quick update for everyone. Today does not seem to be a good day. Not feeling that great and really tired. Not sure what is going on, but I guess I will find out next week when I go back to Vanderbilt for follow up.
Aug 07, 2017
Just quick update. I got to see Dr. Miller last Friday for follow up on the lung nodules. I am happy to report that he is one physician that I do not have to see any more. There was no change in...
Aug 02, 2017
Well, another Wednesday is upon us. So far it has been a crazy week. Monday, I had another INR (Coumadin) level checked. This was again in the range that it should be. My next check in tomorrow,...
Jul 28, 2017
If there is one thing that I have learned since March is that things will always be changing in my life for a while. Immunosuppressent level is good, however, Vanderbilt decided to cut one of my...
Jul 26, 2017
Well, here it is Wednesday. Day 6 on the warfrin for the new clot that was found last week during the ultrasound I had done. Something that I was not expecting and I don't the doctors were...
Jul 21, 2017
Well, time for another update. I got the results from my biopsy that happened yesterday. 1st is where I currently stand. Prednisone has been cut again, so now I am only taking 2.5mg a day. This...
Jul 18, 2017
I know that it has been a while since my last update. Things are going well. Last biopsy was almost a month ago and came back with a 1R level of rejection. Prednisone was decreased along with the...
Apr 15, 2017
Labs came back good. Only a few changes. Creatine or kidney function elevated, so told to hold my Lasix and Lisinopril (1st my blood pressure meds) because of it. Not the first time this has...
Apr 13, 2017
Had labs twice this week. Cyclo spring levels are finally getting back to normal after being up above normal for a few days. One more biopsy scheduled for next Wednesdsy. The best news of the day...
Apr 10, 2017
3 biopsies and a small amount of rejection. Everything going according to plan. Hopefully I will be able to be back home in in the next couple of weeks.