Roger was taken back to the ER in Lynchburg on Thanksgiving morning and, from there, was transferred to UVA to be placed back in the ICU for bleeding from the esophageal varices due to liver failure. We were thankful that the bleeding stopped on its own. He has been in the hospital since then, though, as the transplant team keeps him stable for his living donor transplant on Thursday. After receiving confirmation this morning that the surgery is a go, I (Alana) started my pre-op fast today to be prepared to give Roger 54% of my liver on Thursday morning. Please be in prayer for us and for the transplant team for the next couple of days so that Roger will remain stable for surgery. Please also pray for a smooth and successful surgery and recovery for both of us! Last but never least, please thank our Lord for us for how hard He has and continues to fight for Roger! Thank you so much for all your support!
Nov 15, 2017
I am so excited to announce that, after 3 days of testing, it has been confirmed that I, Alana, am Roger's perfect liver match! Though my husband is currently in the ICU after the veins in his throat burst again, we are hopeful. The UVA transplant team wants to move forward with his transplant by the end of the month. We are so grateful to our Lord for the miracle he performed in making me to be the perfect liver match for my sweet husband! Please pray for us that all will go smoothly and that we will recover quicker than is expected. Thank you all for your support!
Oct 24, 2017
I (Alana) am excited to announce that my husband and I found out today that we are blood-type compatible, meaning we can go forward with further testing to see if I can be his living donor. This...
Oct 24, 2017
We are so excited to announce that Roger is now on the organ transplant waiting list. In addition, his chemo procedure to bridge him to transplant went better than expected, with a complete...