Jon is now officially an outpatient at Shepherd. We moved all of his stuff over to the apartment and are in the midst of trying to get it organized. Tomorrow he goes through orientation and evaluation for this next phase. His inpatient team (pictured here) were fantastic.
As part of his celebration he received multiple “awards” including:
* the “Helmet Head Award” - for whacking his head on multiple objects as he flopped about doing PT.
* the “Jonathan Time Award” - for running on his own time schedule
* the “No Mercy Award” - for not giving an inch in playing Blokus during OT
* a couple awards related to his story telling and knowledge of all genres of music
* and my favorite the “Big Brother Award”. He was one of the older patients on his floor. Many others are just teenagers and he was lauded for taking the time to get to know and help all of them. Brian his PT said they all looked up to Jon.
Every day there is a little improvement but it’s such a long process. Please pray for his next stage of rehab.
His new address is:
Jonathan Wherry WFRC #310 c/o Shepherd Center 2020 Peachtree Rd NW Atlanta, GA 30309
Feb 07, 2018
“The past year of my life has been eventful to say the least. I had two major accidents, I had the chance to love and be loved, I made new friends, and I lost loved ones. What's made this past year special though, is just realizing how extraordinarily blessed I am.
Despite losing use of my legs, I am ALIVE. The outpouring of love from family, friends, and strangers alike for me and my family has been extraordinary. To all of those who prayed, visited, sent cards, sent gifts, or donated, I can't thank you enough.
Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes. While 23 was certainly an eventful year, I don't wish any less for 24, just maybe a little safer.” - Jon
Feb 06, 2018
At Ohio Northern University (Jon's alma mater) , the cross country and track team formed The Elite Men’s Club, sort of an ironic counter to fraternities. All runners and alumni are members and...
Feb 06, 2018
We’re excited that Jon has been accepted into the outpatient Day Program at Shepherd starting Feb 14. as he will continue to receive full day rehab. How long is unknown but at least to mid-March....
Jan 24, 2018
Did I hurt anyone?
That is the first thing Jonathan said when he was removed from the ventilator 3 days after suffering a life-changing spinal cord injury following a devastating car accident....