We are now almost 3.5 years post Ethan’s injury. We are enormously grateful for all of the love and support we receive from our family, our community and Team Ethan. We wish we could give each one of you a personal THANK YOU for all that you have done.
As we approach the 4th Annual Eighth Night for Ethan, we wanted to summarize why we keep pursuing these fundraising events – not by choice but by necessity.
Ethan is covered by three different health insurance policies (private insurance, Medicaid and a program for children in the state of Ohio). These three health insurance policies cover about 90% of Ethan’s care, the other 10% is paid by funds we raise through HelpHOPELive or from out-of-pocket payments.
For the past 3.5 years, Ethan’s cost of care has exceeded $1,000,000 per year. This is not a typo – more than one million dollars per year. We are very thankful to the amazing medical team that cares for Ethan – they do an amazing job. Over $100,000 per year of out-of-pocket expenses are needed to care for Ethan. This is where HelpHOPELive and Team Ethan make a huge impact. The fundraisers that are done on behalf of Ethan directly impact Ethan’s care. They give him access to therapies and care that are necessary.
All contributions to HelpHOPELive in honor of Ethan are tax deductible. Consider becoming a Team Ethan All-Star by signing up for reocurring contributions to Ethan’s campaign. No amount is too small.
Did you know… $1,050 ($88 per month) = 30 hours of nursing care for 1 weekend of rest away from home. $400 ($33 per month) = 2 therapy sessions per year. If you can afford $50 or $100 per month, it will make a lasting impact. $275 ($23 per month) = 8 hours of nursing care per year. $216 ($18 per month (Chai)) = A tremendous help.
Anyone who signs up for automatic monthly contributions will receive a car magnet to display your Team Ethan pride around town!
You can also mail your donation made payable to HelpHOPELive with In Honor of Ethan S Kadish on the memo line to Two Radnor Corp. Center, 100 Matsonford Rd., Radnor, PA 19087
Ethan Kadish is a teenager from Loveland, Ohio who suffered a brain injury after he was struck by lightning nearly four years ago. Ethan has been participating in a myriad of therapies to help to help him re-establish basic functions within his brain, and recently began to answer simple yes/no questions by blinking his eyes.
Over $100,000 per year of out-of-pocket expenses are needed to care for Ethan. Please consider joining the worldwide community as we dedicate the Eighth Night of Hanukkah to Ethan. A tax-deductible donation to HelpHOPELive in honor of Ethan will help ensure that he gets the best care available so that he can keep making progress.