No results found. Please try modifying your search.

Hello, my name is Sheila Hall and my family and friends are helping me raise money to pay for uninsured medical expenses associated with a double lung transplantation. All I want is for more time with my husband and son. A mother’s devotion to her children is unmatched in this world. I need my son and he needs me, and I will do everything in my power to make sure we can be together

I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension(PAH) in June of 2014. PAH is a life threatening disease which causes the tiny arteries and capillaries in my lungs to become narrowed, blocked, and destroyed. I have since been placed on two oral medications and a 24 hour IV medication with the hope that the medications would slow down the progression of the disease. Unfortunately, I have not improved and have slowly worsened over time. My doctors decided it was time to explore transplantation as my best chance for survival.

Updates (5)

September 15, 2017


I wanted to try and give an update myself, typing takes me forever so I put it off. Anyways, I am re learning how to eat food, most things make me sick. I mostly stick to soups and things like that for now. Even my precious DR Pepper makes me sick right now :( The surgery took a lot out of me so Im pretty weak right now and need lots of help. My phone feels like a brick lol. I'm moving around more and more on my own, which is fantastic. Every day a little progress is made. I have lots and lots of doctor appointments, the hospital is my second home for now. I go to Pulmonary rehab to help get my strength back. It is really hard work, but I need to do it so I can play with Ben. I just plug along the best I can. Sometimes I get frustrated, which is totally expected, but I also am happy and hopeful. Progress will be slow, but as long as I move forward, that is all that matters. Slow and steady wins the race.

April 7, 2017

I am officially on the transplant list as of March 20th. I have already had a couple of offers and one dry run. I waited in the hospital for 24 hours and as I was waiting in pre op, the transplant fell through. The donor lungs simply would not function properly. My surgeon said I would have been in the hospital for weeks on a ventilator and could have had many more complications. I am very much ok with the fact that it fell through. I knew that it was a possibility and mentally prepared myself. I need to have a really good set of lungs. After waiting for 24 hours, I was ready to find out either way. It was a relief to get any answer. I hadn't eaten anything in 27 hours and so I was starving and just ready to stuff my face. I think I was 10 minutes away from having visions of my husband as a juicy hamburger. One day I will get another call and hopefully next time they will be the best lungs for me.

Before I got listed I was able to take my family to Disneyland. We really needed a vacation to emotionally recharge and refresh. It was wonderful to just forget about everything for a week and just enjoy time together and have a blast. It helped me and my husband feel much more ready to be on the transplant list. I can't wait to put a photo album together.

Photo Galleries (2)

Loading Images


June 13, 2018

Very Good.
A S, Mestre em Fachada em ACM, São Paulo - SP
A S, Mestre em Fachada em ACM, São Paulo - SP

adriano santos

April 4, 2017

Love you, cousin!! Here's to new lungs and more adventures.


April 1, 2017

Hoping the very best for you and your family. Be strong.

Erica M