Searching...

No results found. Please try modifying your search.

Can You Help Me Find a Living Kidney Donor?

I’ve had Type 1 Diabetes since 7 years old. Now 52 years later- I’m still working strong, and found new joy in my first grandbaby. I am hopeful to find a donor before I must begin dialysis.

Updates (2)

August 22, 2021

Well folks, Mark and Emily are 7 weeks Post-Op! Mark returned to work this week and Emily is also soon to return! We have been overwhelmed by your support! Thank you. We love HelpHopeLive as your financial gifts are utilized only for medical expenses (invoices) or medical related travel and it may be passed on to others in the HelpHopeLive network in need.
We all have needs of one sort or another. We Thank God for each and every one of you and ask Him to provide for you, and His discernment for us to support you – whatever your need may be. It is our prayer that you be Blessed beyond imagination!
We love you, Beth and Mark

June 14, 2021

I would like to introduce you to Emily. Emily is my niece. Emily is a young, healthy, energetic bundle of joy. Emily is also my donor! Emily and several members of her family selflessly stepped forward shortly after we sent out our initial letter in August of 2020. She insisted right from the beginning that she was a match. In April she received the news that she was a match and is cleared for surgery!

Our surgery is scheduled for June 30. M insurance carrier will cover 80% of the surgery and I am responsible for the remaining 20% plus the prescriptions after surgery (steroid treatment, anti-rejection therapies, and whatever else may be needed).

Thank you all who have profiled. We had so many people step forward to request to be profiled , the Transplant Team at University of Michigan told us that we overwhelmed them. I am the guy who seems to have a wise-acre comment for nearly every situation. To have this many people step forward is very humbling to me. Thank you again.

We picked Help Hope Live for our fundraising site because all donations are tax-deductible. Also, whatever funds are raised that we do not need, Help Hope Live will retain and use them for other people that need their help. While your donations will help our need, there is a potential for your funds to also reach farther to someone else who has a need.

Thank you for all you have done so far. Beth and I continue to feel your love. Share this site with your circle of influence I am looking forward to feeling better soon.

Mark

Photo Galleries (1)

Loading Images

Guestbook

June 25, 2021

I am so glad that you were able to find a match and I pray that the surgery will be successful and that this will help you better enjoy your time with your grand children! - Andre and Jenna

Andre Barkholz

June 23, 2021

Sending well wished to Mark and Emily. Thank you for giving us a way to help.

Jeff and Laurel Jenkins

June 17, 2021

XOXOXOXO Greg Lyman, Mary Hausbeck & Anna, Adam, and Scott

Mary Hausbeck

June 12, 2021

We love you guys! - Magruders

Jack Magruder