No results found. Please try modifying your search.

Update: Yolanda received her new lungs on January 7th, 2013!

Family and friends of Yolanda Martins are raising money for uninsured medical expenses associated with Yolanda’s double-lung transplant.

Updates (2)

August 10, 2015

After recovering from her transplant in January 2013, Yolanda was living without oxygen. She then got a cancer which was very specific to her situation, but the chemotherapy was successful. However, as a result of the chemotherapy, Yolanda is now rejecting her lungs. She tried a blood transfer treatment which did not work. Currently, she is trying an experimental treatment, which is basically her last option.

All of these treatments bring lots of uninsured medical costs. Donating to Yolanda’s HelpHOPELive campaign would be an incredible help to her and her family.

October 16, 2013

Yolanda is now battling post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease. Basically, it’s a lymphoma that occurs in 5% of transplant patients after they receive their transplant. Chemo has left Yolanda weak and tired. Her family and friends are still raising money for her uninsured medical expenses. Your donations do make a difference!

Photo Galleries (4)

Loading Images


September 11, 2015

Yolanda - as a fellow LAM sister about to be listed I wish I could give you more. But Trisha Martin told me about what is going on & I want you to know I have always thought about you before, during and after your transplant & now. I wish I could give a bit more but I know every little bit will help you. I am hoping things turn around for you, sister. You are a beautiful person inside and out.

Nicole "Nikki" Seefeldt

May 13, 2013

Hi everyone, I am happy to say that Yolanda is back in Boston and doing well. There is still some nausea but it is great to see her go for a walk by herself without oxygen.

Yvonne Martins

April 18, 2013

Hi everyone, Yolanda is still in Pittsburgh recuperating. Her lungs are doing fine. However, she was suffering from nausea and vomiting, lost a lot of weight and was back in hospital for a week where some of her medications were substituted and she was able to start eating again though some nausea still exists. She is coming along slowly but surely.

Yvonne Martins

February 21, 2013

Hi all, Yolanda was released from hospital yesterday. She now has to regain her energy and strength. She will remain in Pittsburgh as she will have a biopsy mid March after which, she will probably be able to return to Boston. Future check-ups will be done, every few months, here in Pittsburgh, for at least a year. Thanks for all you Prayers, love and support.

Yvonne Martins (Yolanda's mum)