Please Help Make a Difference!
Hello to All. My name is Walter Fuller, a 44-year-old man living is Crestview, FL and I am in need of a lifesaving kidney transplant.
Some of you may already be aware of my medical background. Briefly, in 2005, I was working for Lockheed Martin in Panama City, Florida on Tyndall AFB. While working with the F-15 fighter squadron, I got a call at work from my family doctor. He told me to go to the hospital immediately. My kidneys were in failure. Since then, my life has changed from having a prominent career to dialysis 3 times a week, 4-5 hours per session, something I would never wish on my worst enemy.
With that being said, after nearly 4 years on dialysis and by the Grace of God, I did receive a cadaveric kidney transplant on September 13th, 2009. It was a tremendous blessing and I immediately went from the walking dead to full life again. I managed to work for a couple of companies for a few years before a virus attacked my transplanted kidney. Although it was estimated it would last from 10-12 years, it appears my kidney may only last about 5 years. My doctors at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville Transplant Center) indicated that by the end of 2014, possibly early 2015, I would be back on dialysis unless I find a matching donor for a second kidney transplant. I’ve met many people who have had kidney transplants and have been surprised by how many have had 2 or 3 transplants over the years.
Though I have insurance, it will only cover only 80% of some of the medical bills, with the remaining 20% paid out of my pocket. Additionally, there will be the expense of relocating closer to the center at the time of transplant and during the months of recovery, travel to and from follow doctor visits and more.
To help with the financial burden of my uninsured expenses, a fundraising campaign in my honor has been established with HelpHOPELive, a trusted nonprofit organization that has been providing community-based fundraising guidance to patients and their families for more than 30 years. All donations are tax-deductible, are held by HelpHOPELive in the Southeast Kidney Transplant Fund, and are administered by HelpHOPELive for transplant-related expenses only. Please, consider a contribution.
For credit card contributions, please click the DONATE NOW button.
It would be a life-saving blessing to find a match. If you or someone you know has A+ blood type, is in generally good health, under 60, and does not smoke or take drugs, please contact me through Facebook. On the top of my page is the Mayo Clinic number (904) 956-3249. This is the direct number to the Organ Donor Coordinator for Mayo Clinic.
Thank you for your prayers, support and kind consideration.
September 7, 2015
Will be heading out to Mayo Clinic soon for my annual follow-up. Great place, course I’m never keen of any doctors, but Mayo Jacksonville is an awesome place! Wish me luck!
May 8, 2015
Hello to all and thank you for visiting my page. Please check back for updates and information about upcoming fundraisers.
April 18, 2015
As of today, I’m still hanging in there. My current transplant has been rejecting for a year now. I truly hope I can find a matching living donor, which means I would not be back on dialysis again. And again, I’m A+ blood type and if you can help, you can reach me through my Facebook page. Also, here’s the phone number to Mayo Clinic to speak with a donor representative. Mayo Clinic number (904) 956-3249.
Mail a Check
Make checks payable to:
Help Hope Live
Note in memo:
In honor of Walter Fuller
Help Hope Live
2 Radnor Corporate Center
100 Matsonford Road
Radnor, PA 19087