You can start a Facebook Fundraiser to raise funds for Help Hope Live in your honor. Here’s what you need to know before getting started:
- Help Hope Live receives payments from Facebook twice per month, which means funds raised through a Facebook Fundraiser are not immediately available to cover medical and related expenses. Timeline:
- Funds donated the 1–15th of a month are generally paid out to Help Hope Live during the first five days of the following month.
- Funds donated on or after the 16th are generally paid out during the 16-20th of the following month.
- Example: A $100 donation made on January 1 would be paid out to Help Hope Live between February 1 and February 5.
- Help Hope Live receives Facebook donations as one lump sum payment. We then manually designate donations based on the details available to us through the Fundraisers that were active during the two-week period.
- Once we have received and processed a Facebook payment (about 3 weeks), the total funds raised from a Fundraiser will appear on the client’s Dashboard under My Supporters as “Facebook Fundraiser.”
How to Start Your Facebook Fundraiser
- First, contact your Help Hope Live Client Services Coordinator to make sure you are eligible for Facebook fundraising.
- Visit facebook.com/fundraisers and click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit, then search for and select Help Hope Live. Or, use this easy link!
- Set a realistic goal: friends will give more if even a small donation makes a tangible difference. Think $1,000, not $10,000.
- You must choose a deadline for your Fundraiser. But don’t worry: you can start as many Facebook Fundraisers as you like throughout the year.
- IMPORTANT: In the Tell your story step, add “in honor of [Client Name]” to the title or the description. If a client’s name does not appear here, funds will benefit Help Hope Live’s General Operating Fund.
- In the description section, add details about the client’s medical and financial needs to help make the cause personal.
- Start sharing and promoting your new Facebook Fundraiser!
Whether your Facebook Fundraiser is a one-time effort for a special occasion like #GivingTuesday or a recurring part of your Help Hope Live fundraising toolkit, we hope you’ll seize the opportunity to rally your community on social using the tips we outlined here.