Facebook Fundraisers for Help Hope Live are eligible for matching donations from Facebook on GivingTuesday on December 1, 2020.
Keep in mind that matching funds from Facebook typically run out within minutes. While all Facebook Fundraisers are eligible for a match, there is no guarantee that Facebook funds will be available.
How the 2020 Match Works
The GivingTuesday Facebook match starts at 8 a.m. EST on Tuesday, December 1. It continues until the $7 million match funds run out.
- Facebook will match 100% of donations to the first $2 million
- Facebook will match 10% of donations for the remaining $5 million
A few restrictions:
- Nonprofits can only receive $100,000 total in matching donations from Facebook
- Donors can only get a maximum match of $20,000 total
Facebook explains the details on this page.
Is My Campaign Eligible?
Yes—if you start a Facebook Fundraiser for Help Hope Live, donations made to that Facebook Fundraiser on GivingTuesday are eligible for a potential match from Facebook.
How to Participate
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser here: https://www.facebook.com/fund/helphopeliveorg/
- Add the client’s name to the title of your Fundraiser (In Honor of Client Name)
- Ask supporters to make their GivingTuesday donations at 8 a.m. EST on Tuesday, December 1 for the best chance of getting a match
Do I Need to Wait Until December 1?
No—the matching will begin automatically on December 1, but you can set up your Facebook Fundraiser anytime and still be eligible.
Does Help Hope Live Match the Donations?
No—this matching opportunity is provided by Facebook. Help Hope Live does not provide matching funds for any donations, campaigns, or Facebook Fundraisers.
However, Help Hope Live will cover the credit card fee for all donations made at helphopelive.org on December 1 in honor of a client.
To make the most of GivingTuesday, remember to promote both your Facebook Fundraiser and donating at helphopelive.org! Click here for details.
Did I Get a Match?
You and your donors will be contacted directly by Facebook (via email or within the platform) if there is a match to any donations to your Facebook Fundraiser.
Help Hope Live does not receive any matching donation information from Facebook until after GivingTuesday. Our team is not able to check on or confirm a match from Facebook.Written by Emily Progin