Let’s celebrate GivingTuesday together on December 1, 2020!
GivingTuesday is our single largest day of charity giving of the year: donors give 4x more to Help Hope Live on GivingTuesday.
For more facts and history, check out givingtuesday.org.
No Credit Card Fee for Online Donations
Between midnight on Tuesday, December 1 and 3 a.m. ET on Wednesday, December 2, we will cover the credit card fee for all online donations made in honor of any Help Hope Live client.
You will want to share this information with your community: donors will make a greater impact with every donation.
Step One: Contact Your Coordinator
If you are a Help Hope Live client or team member, your first step to prepare for GivingTuesday is to connect with your Client Services Coordinator to discuss your fundraising plans.
Here is your 2-week GivingTuesday countdown calendar:
Get a GivingTuesday flyer that is personalized for your fundraising campaign! Call or email your Coordinator to request it.
Facebook is Matching Donations
Facebook is matching donations made to Facebook Fundraisers starting at 8 a.m. on GivingTuesday (up to $7 million total). All the details: https://helphopelive.org/givingtuesday-facebook-match/
Start a Facebook Fundraiser
Create a Facebook Fundraiser for GivingTuesday by following these easy steps.
- Click here: https://www.facebook.com/fund/helphopeliveorg/
- Add the client’s name to the Fundraiser title: In Honor of Client Name (don’t skip this step!)
- Add details such as a description, goal, and end date
Keep in mind that funds will not come to Help Hope Live right away. Visit helphopelive.org/facebook-fundraiser for more information.
Facebook Fundraiser Tips
A few tips for a successful GivingTuesday Facebook Fundraiser:
- Read our nine top tips for Facebook fundraising success: https://helphopelive.org/9-tips-better-facebook-fundraising/
- Check out a few examples before you create your own. Visit facebook.com/helphopeliveorg/fundraisers.
- Start your Fundraiser before GivingTuesday. Give supporters the chance to donate, share, and get your cause on their radar before December 1. We recommend starting as early as November 24.
- End your Fundraiser after GivingTuesday. Instead of ending your Fundraiser on December 2, consider extending to Tuesday, December 8. Our research indicates that people will continue to donate after GivingTuesday.
- Set an easy goal. Depending on your community, a realistic goal could be $200, $1,000, $5,000, or $20,000. It’s better to exceed your goal than to fall short, so pick a goal you can reach easily.
- Thank your donors individually. While some will be anonymous, many donations will appear publicly on your Fundraiser. Thank each donor as you see their donation appear.
Get Your Custom Campaign Picture
Let us customize a special Campaign Picture just for you to help you spread the word about GivingTuesday! You can use your new picture on your Campaign Page and on social media.
Reach out to your Coordinator today to request your customized GivingTuesday picture.
Social Media Graphics
You can save and share these pictures to spread the word about GivingTuesday:
Sample Social Media Posts
Save the date, make a difference! GivingTuesday is Tuesday, December 1.
I am fundraising for a cause, and I could use your help! Please consider making a donation to the national nonprofit Help Hope Live in my honor. To donate, visit: [add your Campaign Page link here]
If you can’t donate right now, there are other ways to help! You can:
-Start a Facebook Fundraiser for Help Hope Live (add my name to the title)
-Share my fundraising flyer
-Ask your employer to match employee donations on GivingTuesday, or
-Volunteer to help me spread the word
Everything you do will support an awesome charity and help to improve my life as I fundraise for [add a few examples of out-of-pocket medical and related costs here].
THANK YOU for your help! #hopeisnotcancelled #GivingTuesday @helphopeliveorg
Save the date, make a difference! #GivingTuesday is Tuesday, December 1. I am fundraising for a cause, and I could use your help! Please consider donating to @helphopeliveorg in my honor. To donate, visit: [add your Campaign Page link here] #hopeisnotcancelled
Save the date, make a difference! GivingTuesday is Tuesday, December 1. I am fundraising for a cause, and I could use your help! Please consider making a donation to the national nonprofit Help Hope Live in my honor. To donate, visit helphopelive.org and type my name (Name Here) in the Find a Campaign box at the top. THANK YOU! @helphopeliveorg #GivingTuesday #hopeisnotcancelled #donate #fundraising #tistheseason #helphopelive
Do you have friends who aren’t active on social media? We recommend sending out email blasts to reach them on GivingTuesday.
- Create a list of email addresses in a spreadsheet.
- Consider including people who have previously donated to your campaign (you can export your List of Supporters from your Dashboard).
- Write content for a few emails that you can send out before, during, and after GivingTuesday (see ideas below).
- Include photos.
- Be sure to BCC all recipients to respect their privacy.
Email Blast Suggestions
Before GivingTuesday: send out an email thanking them for their support and explaining what GivingTuesday is. Include a link to your Campaign Page and ask them to subscribe to receive campaign updates.
On GivingTuesday: send out a reminder email with the Campaign Page link.
Later in the day on GivingTuesday: send out an email thanking them for participating. Include a few other ways they can help beyond making a donation (share my social media posts, share my Campaign Page link, ask a business to donate, ask your employer if they will match employee donations, start a Facebook Fundraiser, volunteer to plan a future fundraiser, etc.)
After GivingTuesday: send out an email expressing your sincere gratitude. Include at least one photo of you. Explain exactly how donations will impact your life.
You can continue sending out email blasts after GivingTuesday! Consider sending out one email every two weeks or month. Additional email tips here.
What to Do After GivingTuesday
It’s critical to follow up with your community once GivingTuesday is over. We will publish a separate Blog post on Wednesday, December 2 with tips on how to follow up and keep your impact going.
Let’s make this the best GivingTuesday yet!Written by Emily Progin