GivingTuesday is back on Tuesday, November 29, 2022!
It’s the single largest day of giving of the year with four times more donations to our nonprofit than on any other day. Don’t miss your chance to participate by promoting your Help Hope Live fundraising campaign! Read on for our top tips.
Your First Step: Get in Touch!
Your Client Services Coordinator can offer you one-on-one fundraising help to plan your strategy for GivingTuesday 2022. That’s what we’re here for!
Reach out to your Coordinator today—let’s make a plan together.
No Credit Card Fee for Online Donations
Between midnight on Tuesday, November 29, and 3 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 30, we will cover the credit card fee for all donations made in honor of any Help Hope Live client at helphopelive.org. Share this information with your friends and community so they can make more impact with every donation.
Update Your Campaign Page
Don’t forget to add an Update to your Campaign Page about GivingTuesday. While you might complete most of your GivingTuesday communications through social media or email, you still want to keep your Campaign Page subscribers informed, too!
Talk to your Coordinator if you want some insights on how to share your latest updates or milestones and tie them into your plans for GivingTuesday.
Get Your GivingTuesday Flyer!
Contact your Coordinator to request a customized GivingTuesday flyer to help you promote your Help Hope Live campaign online or in-person.
Use Bonfire T-Shirts to Fundraise for GivingTuesday
We’ve created a special t-shirt template through the t-shirt fundraising platform Bonfire for Help Hope Live clients and team members to use for GivingTuesday 2022. It’s easy to get started selling t-shirts on Bonfire—just create an account, customize our t-shirt design template, and spread the word!
Let your Coordinator know that you plan to participate so we can keep an eye out for your Bonfire campaign.
Click here to get started.
Get Your Customized Profile Picture
We’d love to create a customized profile picture like this one to help you spread the word about GivingTuesday! You can use the picture on any social platform. Email your Coordinator to request your customized profile picture today.
Start an Email Campaign for GivingTuesday
mail blasts are an excellent way to gather support for your Help Hope Live campaign while keeping your community informed about your latest health updates and milestones. Email blasts are also a great way to share your GivingTuesday plans with your supporters who aren’t active on social media.
To begin, create a list of email addresses in a Word document or spreadsheet. Don’t forget to include people who have given to your Help Hope Live campaign. You can export a list of campaign contributors from your Dashboard under My Supporters.
Write content for several emails in advance. You’ll want to plan at least one email before GivingTuesday, one for GivingTuesday, and one for the day after GivingTuesday—see below for content suggestions. You can plan as many emails as you want—just don’t overwhelm your supporters!
Chat with your Coordinator and discuss adding additional emails in between. Also feel free to send your email drafts to your Coordinator for feedback before you send!
- Before GivingTuesday: send out an email to thank your network for their support and explain what GivingTuesday is. You can use our social media post examples below as a starting point!
- On GivingTuesday: send out a reminder email.
- Later in the day on GivingTuesday: send out an email thanking them for participating. Include a few ways they can help beyond making a donation: share my social media posts, donate to my Facebook Fundraiser, share my Campaign Page link, ask a business to donate, ask your employer if they will match employee donations, start your own Facebook Fundraiser, volunteer to plan a future fundraiser, etc.)
- After GivingTuesday: send out an email expressing your sincere gratitude. Explain exactly how donations will impact your life.
Email Campaign Important Reminders:
- Attach your customized GivingTuesday flyer.
- Add at least one recent photo of yourself.
- Include your Help Hope Live Campaign Page link in every email and ask them to subscribe to your page to receive campaign updates.
- Always BCC! When you send out an email to multiple people at once, add all the email addresses to the BCC box. This ensures the recipients can’t see each other’s email addresses to fully respect their privacy.
- Beyond Giving Tuesday: you can continue sending out email blasts after this day of giving! Consider sending out one email every two weeks or month. Additional email tips here.
Facebook Fundraisers and Matching Donations
You can start a Facebook Fundraiser for Help Hope Live in honor of a client campaign at any time throughout the year—read our full guide here. If you have an active community of support on Facebook, plan to start a Facebook Fundraiser before GivingTuesday to allow your supporters to donate without leaving the platform.
On GivingTuesday, Facebook typically provides matching donation opportunities for Facebook Fundraisers while funds last. Here’s what you need to know:
- Donors are not guaranteed to get a match. The match will only last until the funds run out, which usually happens within a few minutes on GivingTuesday. This is why we recommend you launch your GivingTuesday Fundraiser before November 29, so your supporters can give as soon as the match starts.
- Matching funds from Facebook take several months to arrive at Help Hope Live after GivingTuesday. Typically, our nonprofit receives official confirmation on matching funds in February of the following year. So, you can expect to receive an update from us in February 2023 about any 2022 GivingTuesday matches.
- We need your help to confirm matching funds for your Fundraiser. Read on for all the details.
How to Get a Facebook/Meta Match on GivingTuesday
- Use our Facebook Fundraiser guide to start a Facebook Fundraiser before November 29.
- Be sure to add “in honor of Client Name” to the title of your Facebook Fundraiser. We track these fundraisers manually, so if we don’t know the client’s name, we can’t track your Facebook Fundraiser or ensure the funds go to the right place.
- If Facebook/Meta notifies you about matching donations to your Facebook Fundraiser, take a screenshot and email it to [email protected]. Without a screenshot, we won’t be able to confirm that Facebook matched any donations to your Facebook Fundraiser on GivingTuesday.
While we won’t be able to confirm a GivingTuesday match on any donations until February 2023, we will retain the screenshot and information you send us to ensure we manage matched funds appropriately when they arrive.
Keep in mind that it takes Facebook at least three weeks to send any funds raised through Facebook Fundraisers to Help Hope Live and an additional week for our team to process donations once they arrive. Funds raised through the platform will not be available immediately to assist with client medical and related expenses.
GivingTuesday Social Media Images to Share
Here are graphics you can save and share on social media to spread the word about GivingTuesday this year:
Sample Social Media Posts for GivingTuesday
We recommend planning at least three social media posts for GivingTuesday: one for the day before, one for the day-of, and one for the day after. Scroll down for a few example posts.
Want to write your own posts? Go for it! Remember to tag us on social media @helphopeliveorg when you share.
Sample GivingTuesday Facebook Post
Big date, big difference! GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 29. I am fundraising for an important cause, and I could really use your help and support!
Please consider making a donation to the national nonprofit Help Hope Live on GivingTuesday. To donate, visit helphopelive.org and type my name (Name Here) in the Find a Campaign box at the top.
If you can’t donate, there are other ways to help! You can:
-Start a Facebook Fundraiser for Help Hope Live (just add Client Name to the title)
-Share this post
-Reach out to me to find out how to volunteer to help spread the word
THANK YOU—your support makes all the difference. #GivingTuesday #helphopelive @helphopeliveorg
Sample GivingTuesday Twitter Post
Save the date, make a difference! #GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 29. I am fundraising for a cause, and I could use your help! Please consider donating to @helphopeliveorg in my honor. To donate, visit: [add your Campaign Page link here]
Sample GivingTuesday Instagram Post
Save the date, make a difference! GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 29. I am fundraising for a cause, and I could use your help! Please consider making a donation to the national nonprofit @helphopeliveorg in my honor. To donate, visit helphopelive.org and type my name (Name Here) in the Find a Campaign box at the top. THANK YOU! @helphopeliveorg
Sample GivingTuesday Facebook Post: Day After
Sample GivingTuesday Facebook Post: Day After
I am blown away by all the encouragement and support that I received on GivingTuesday this year! Thanks to you, I am closer than ever to my goal of raising X dollars to help offset the cost of life-changing medical supplies and services, including X, Y, and Z.
Your support gives me hope for the future. THANK YOU!
If you’d like to stay involved in my fundraising efforts with Help Hope Live, reach out to me. Your help is greatly appreciated! #helphopelive #GivingTuesday @helphopeliveorg
Writing Your Own Social Media Posts for GivingTuesday
We recommend supplementing our examples with plenty of social media posts of your own as we count down to GivingTuesday! Consider sharing one post per week or even one post per day on different topics that will engage and interest your community in unique ways.
You know your community best. Think about which posts on social media typically get the most engagement from your friends and followers. Use those posts as inspiration for unique ideas for new content leading up to GivingTuesday.
Here’s one idea: choose a few of these questions, then answer each of them in unique social media posts leading up to GivingTuesday:
- What is GivingTuesday, and why is it an exciting date for you in connection with your fundraising efforts?
- Can you give a 15-second text or video “elevator pitch” on who you are and why you’re fundraising?
- What are three ways that your life has changed that are directly linked to the donations that your community has made to your Help Hope Live campaign?
- What are five things you are fundraising for right now? How much does each of them cost?
- What is one moment that made an emotional impact on you over the past year that relates to fundraising (or community support in general)? What made that moment so impactful?
- Why does it make an impact when someone spreads the word about your fundraising efforts?
- Who are three people you are grateful to have in your life on this fundraising journey?
- What does the word “hope” mean to you right now?
- If a friend were to tell you that they want to help you with fundraising, but they can’t make a donation right now, what are two ways they can make a difference WITHOUT a donation?
- If a friend wanted to get their employer or a local business involved in your fundraising campaign, where should they start?
- Why are you fundraising with Help Hope Live instead of GoFundMe? (Hint: you may want to share this post! https://helphopelive.org/what-is-a-501c3/)
- How can someone start a Facebook Fundraiser for Help Hope Live in your honor?
- What is one item that someone may be surprised to learn makes a HUGE difference in your day-to-day? How much does it cost to purchase or maintain it?
- What are four words that come to mind when you think of the phrase “community support”?
Make GivingTuesday Work for You
Every client is different, and so is every community of support. Make the most of what you have—ask your Coordinator for ideas and insights on how to plan the most effective GivingTuesday fundraising strategy possible this year.Written by Emily Progin