Emily Progin, PR and Communications Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org / 800.642.8399
SEPTEMBER 23 “GOLDEN 5K” WILL HELP LOCAL FATHER WITH PARALYSIS
Participate Virtually or In-Person to Help Fund Critical Medical Needs
RALEIGH, N.C.—On Saturday, September 23, walk, run, or roll for a good cause virtually or in-person at the Golden 5K fundraiser to benefit the nonprofit Help Hope Live in honor of Stephany Golden, a 58-year-old Raleigh husband and father living with paralysis. The event will raise funds and hope as Stephany and his family strive to bring key pieces of medical equipment within reach for a brighter and more comfortable future.
Golden 5K Details
- When and Where: Saturday, September 23 with 8 a.m. in-person meetup at Anderson Point Park at 20 Anderson Point Drive, Raleigh, NC 27610.
- Locals can also gather on September 17 for an Appreciation Lunch at Hampton Inn & Suites (405 Hilton Oaks Blvd, Knightdale, NC) from 1-4 p.m. to enjoy a lunch, participate in raffle and auction opportunities, and pick up their event t-shirt.
- Virtual or in-person. Register online then walk, roll, or run at any time during the day (participate your way).
- Cost: $40 donation per person. Includes t-shirt and optional lunch for Appreciation Lunch on September 17 if local. Order t-shirt by Sept 1 to guarantee t-shirt delivery by 5K day – add $10 for shipping during registration.
- Tickets: https://events.helphopelive.org/event/5848/signup/
- Online auction (live after Sept 17): https://Golden23.givesmart.com
- Contact: Katrina Golden (wife) at 919-244-1695 or email@example.com
- Flyer: Click Here
- Donations: Can’t participate but want to help? Make a tax-deductible donation at any time at: https://helphopelive.org/campaign/12364/
About Stephany Golden:
In 2015, Stephany’s life changed forever when an ATV accident left him with a spinal cord injury. He and his wife, Katrina, had to discover a “new normal” and navigate the challenges of loss of work, chronic pain, limited mobility and independence, and constant caregiving.
Stephany and Katrina are fundraising for several key medical needs that are not fully covered by insurance, including a lift chair, power chair modifications, and home shower modifications. Their goal is to raise $15,000 before the end of 2023.
Stephany and Katrina have been fundraising for medical and related expenses with the trusted national nonprofit Help Hope Live since 2017.
Tax-deductible donations can be made anytime at: www.goldensmiracles.com
“An accident like Stephany’s changes a family’s entire life,” explained Katrina. “Fundraising with Help Hope Live plays a vital role in us getting the things that insurance does not pay for.”
Unlike a GoFundMe, donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law, and all funds raised will be managed by the nonprofit to cover verified medical and related expenses. Help Hope Live verifies medical and financial need for every patient.
To extend the gift of community support to even more families like hers, Katrina became a Help Hope Live Ambassador. She helps other families living with paralysis to get their own fundraising campaigns off the ground with the nonprofit.
“Being a wife and caregiver has changed my life,” said Katrina. “I keep the faith, no matter what: I expect our life to be a testimony on what God can do.”
Help Hope Live is a national nonprofit that specializes in engaging communities in secure, tax-deductible fundraising campaigns for people who need a transplant or are affected by a catastrophic injury or illness. Since 1983, campaigns organized by Help Hope Live have raised over $165 million to pay patient expenses. ###Written by Emily Progin