Last Update: April 24, 2020
Like the rest of the world, we have been tuned in to the Coronavirus crisis: listening, learning, and planning for the what-ifs.
We understand that this time of uncertainty is particularly concerning for members of our community who are living with chronic health conditions. We also realize that we provide a critical service that needs to continue to support your needs during this difficult time.
We want to be as transparent as possible with you about our plans and how they may impact you and your supporters.
We are fortunate – thanks to cloud-based services – that we can continue the important work we do to service your needs from the safety of our homes.
In an abundance of caution, our team will be working remotely starting at 8 a.m. EDT on Friday, March 13, 2020, until further notice.
Here’s what you need to know about this change…
- Your traditional means of communicating with our team will remain unchanged.
- We will still be available by email and phone during our normal business hours: Monday-Thursday (8 a.m.-6 p.m. EDT) and Friday (8 a.m.-5 p.m. EDT).
- If you need to send a fax, you can still use our traditional fax line at 610-535-6106.
- Credit card donations will continue to be processed as usual.
- Checks that have been mailed to our office, unfortunately, cannot be processed at this time.
- Please make your community of supporters aware of this temporary change. Upon request, we are prepared to void any checks once we are back in the office.
- eCheck donations are a great alternative option. All Help Hope Live campaigns are eligible to receive eChecks through their Campaign Pages at helphopelive.org. Help Hope Live is covering the 2.65% third-party fee as a temporary courtesy.
- We’ve published a guide to the CARES Act and what it means for charity donations here.
- Our complete guide to virtual fundraising can be found here.
- In case you need to postpone or cancel a fundraiser, you may consider hosting a virtual event in its place.
- Contact your Client Services Coordinator for additional virtual fundraiser support.
- You may also take advantage of Facebook Fundraisers, which are a great and safe way to stay connected with your community and continue to receive support.
- Feeling uncomfortable about asking for donations right now? It is ALWAYS the right time to ask for help. Here are four tips for asking with confidence.
In the interest of serving families directly impacted by COVID-19, we are now offering fundraising support to individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have outstanding out-of-pocket medical expenses they cannot cover alone. Details on COVID-19 fundraising campaigns can be found here.
We have also compiled a list of reputable COVID-19 financial aid resources here for existing Help Hope Live clients, new clients, and the public to use and share.
- Fund Requests should be emailed to [email protected].
- We do not anticipate significant delays; however, please be aware that our processing time may increase to 8-10 business days due to our remote work.
- If you have a time-sensitive request that you are concerned about, please contact your Client Services Coordinator to discuss.
- We ask that you do not submit duplicate requests out of concern or panic. This will only delay processing times for you and other members of our community.
- All requests submitted via email will continue to be acknowledged upon receipt.
- Please continue to protect yourself, your family, and our community by keeping up with the latest news and health protocols and by following the recommendations provided by your health care team.
With so many unknowns, the best thing we can do for ourselves and our community is to keep calm, communicate, and be prepared. We will continue to be in touch if changes to our plans occur.